9.30.2010

Horses Swimming.

Finally got to the bag that had the cd Kris Delmorst gave me. It's an ep called Horses Swimming. It's superb! And now that I know that her husband calls her particular style of finger picking "horses swimming" it's even better! It's delicious with a cuppa seriously dark coffee made in my own house. I will dig out a comfy chair and sit on the porch and watch the cars and people go by.

The burlesque was pretty damn funny. And in very Bisbee fashion.. raunchy as hell! I loved it but I got kinda tires and I had decided to walk the ass kicking way to and from... so I jumped ship earlier than Gretchen. And holy crap, did the route back up over Clawson Ave get the ol' cardio going!  I think that's gonna be my route into town for a bit till I get my walking chops built back up. I'm sooooo out of shape!

The gas company had to abort their mission to turn on the gas here yesterday... apparently it was more involved than they realized so hopefully there will be a call today saying they are sending the right guys with the right equipment. The cold shower was brisk indeed. And I gotta break down and microwave some water and get the year and a half old dishes done. I'd say I got 15% of the overall organizing done.

And then did little things that are all about making way for the new..like getting rid of all the nice expensive olive oils and such I had here that expired and all of the canned goods etc. Today is going to be more of tools/kitchen/laundry room day. If I can get the kitchen less chaotic I'll feel better.

And at the thingy last night I ran into my old massage therapist who had moved away to live in Mexico. Haven't seen her in 5 years.. damn her.. she hasn't aged a day! And it turns out she's staying in a house just across the ditch from me.. there will be catching up for sure!

No comments: