10.24.2010

Let's give a big, "Oh Hells Yes!" to the word NO!

I love the word no today! It's not often I can say that with such jubilant fervor. No is often met with a sense of disappointment.

I can hear the word no. I can even totally accept the word no.  And I can move on from a no... (sometimes quickly..sometimes slowly..)

But this morning?

Something special indeed. Before the coffee was even made, before the sun came into view.. I called the jury duty phone line to see if I would have to slog into jury duty in Tucson Federal Court on Tuesday morning.

And that is where the magical sounds of no came into my ears.

I feel so relieved! It's been clogging up my non-schedule all week!  I've had to tell people," I'd love to but..." when out and about. That only enhances the sense of dread for sure.  Now all of my communications will be a firm yes! I have some footwork to do to reaffirm my need for employment ths coming week. I will put myself in front of a few folks who I have told previously of my search.

Perhaps I should work as a professional yard sailer?  My gawd we had fun yesterday! And I will say that the majority of stuff not only got sold, but that the majority of crap went as well. Left basically with mismatched glasses and useless kitchen knick knacks, a pile of wires and outdated computer parts along with some womens clothes... the remains are off to needy folks in Mexico.

We hit the Screaming Banshee for dinner afterwards and really got caught up on life since Dana and Butch left Bisbee. I invited them to my mom's for the annual " Let's Order Takeout FEAST Meals" and they said they did that last year too! How perfect! It'll be lively conversation and lots of laughing I think. And as they are both in their 60's, it's not like the time I brought my pal the Swedish nanny to the house as she happened to be around for that particular holiday with nowhere to go.. not like that at all!

Mom... we have company for Thanksgiving. And you'll have a blast with these two!

Alrighty then.. time for more coffee (duh!) and the shopping list needs fine tuning for the Pot Pie Project.

When in doubt...fill the house with music and the smells of wonderful food.  (Mom... that means you are a guinea pig...)

No comments: