11.14.2008
Morning beauty.
We like it here...a Holiday Inn was a comfy quick place to get back to last night after the show. Not only do we have a nice late checkout, but the hot water was easily accessible for our gigantor french press filled with delish coffee from Brooklyn roasters Gorilla Coffee.
Got some great friend time last night with our the ever amazing Erin coming in from Mechanicsburg with some pals. And Janet who I met at the Shawn Mullins show over the summer bringing her crew and then our new pal Mikey representin' from the Youngstown area with her trusty pal Carly! Very nice group of people who were not disappointed.
For those of you waiting for video.. it'll be Sunday before I get any up as I only brought my camera not the transfer equipment. The stuff from Indy will be good.. and as a side note on what songs I can post... Those older songs just don't get performed and while she did play at least 5 brand new songs, they may not get posted as they are works in progress. Natalia did let me post "Hotel Pen" right after she wrote it.
The new songs are freakin' great. You gotta get out to see her shows. Speaking of new music..you gotta know that Trina is going to be playing her new material at her upcoming shows.. and Susan Werner is getting ready to let her new project out of the bag too. You have to keep an eye on all of these ladies right now as the new stuff is going to be undeniably entertaining and the shows are going to be off the hook!
I'm really looking forward to this last run of the year with Trina and Susan. I have put alot of good legwork into trying to do this job as best I can and I really love the feeling that I did what I could to get things where they needed to be, and got information to press outlets in a timely manner. It's crazy how some of these musicians do all this stuff on their own... I don't know how they do it. I know that most of them are glued to computers just keeping things flowing. Not to mention trying to stay in touch with family and friends. These laptops are an essential tool in this way of life.
And I guess having a wee bloggy to tend to is my way of staying connected with all 5 of you who still check in. It's going out here... should be almost 60 degrees here in Ohio... but then as we roll out of here on our way to Lewisburg, PA the weather will be turning to rain on Saturday.
I think we are going back to The Westin for breakfast... Natalia loved it too, so it takes less convincing. And I do believe we are within very quick walking distance there. Yum!
Oh... and we really are playing the " We aren't eating bread this week game" and doing very well at it.
Labels:
sober touring,
susan werner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Meat. Bleah.
"Those older songs just don't get performed?" They're only TWO friggin years old!!! BAH HUMBUG!! Anyhow, thanks for trying and I won't harrass you anymore for those "older songs".
Post a Comment