Ok... I set out a piece of sweet potato pie... but it should make Cathryn quite happy.
We are off to Asheville today. it's wintery up there and about a 5 hour drive. We have a dinner reservation at a kickass tapas joint called Zambra and my pal Lori and her guy Juan will be joining us for this wonderful feast!
It's going to be a chore to leave the nice weather down here... and basically roll back in to winter.. then drive back to AZ where, by all accounts it's really winter with snow and all! My geographic challenge is meant to teach me something... I'm sure of it. But what that is is yet unclear. Dammit!
We are listening to Antje Duvekot's new cd (bandit copy she gave me) and I like the simple beauty of it. I will give it many thumbs up. And I know that her style of folk is a little more gentle than my usual tastes... but I like it. There is no denying it. And maybe it's that it fits with my slowing down to be able to take a look at all that was for 2008 and look towards 2009 with a full heart and my head brimming with ideas and enthusispasm.
No comments:
Post a Comment