Up here in the Hilton Head Spacepod...
We had some Major Dickason's Blend this morning... one of my old standby blends from way back. If I gotta drink corporate coffee...it is gonna be Peet's.
I am pretty sure it's cold as hell outside right now, but the wind is gentle and I will go out and be at the beach again. I collected a bazillion sand dollars yesterday and now of course I am left with the question," What the hell am I gonna do with them?"
That said, I'll be back out collecting a bazillion more today. I had some moments of feeling sad and lonely on the beach... funny how it washed over me like that. Stopping motion and being alone for the day with no work to do just up-ended me. I dealt with it by sending a pic of the beach and the sun to a few pals and telling them I missed them.. and I do miss them. I sent warm wishes and goodness.
I am going to really delve into trying to read a book today...shocking, I know! Trina gave me Water for Elephants so I'll take that to the beach with me and attempt to do that. I can read... I just usually choose not to.
My mom is in good spirits as she continues to feel better. I still have some "freak out" in me about her health. The good news is that she is happy as hell to be home with her dog has a whole bunch of people calling to check on her and is back to watching all of her fave shows on t.v. and all of this makes her very content. If she's happy, I'm happy.
We just made a plan to go to Asheville for sure on Friday. We will get to see my pal Lori (the kickass psychic) and stay with them on Saturday and maybe pop up to Boone if I can get in touch with Melissa Reeves to see if she'll be around. I start the trek to AZ on Monday by all accounts.

No comments:
Post a Comment