3.11.2009

Did you ever hear...

One of the musicians I loved back in the day (the freakin'80's..) was Nina Hagen.

A true goddess and a real icon from Germany.

Her version of "White Punks on Dope" was one of my most cherished pieces of 7" vinyl. And her album title "UNBEHAGEN" (translated to "Ill at ease") would become the nickname for my persnickety siberian husky.

(photo ripped from dlisted.com my favorite snarky queen gossip guy.)

It's Nina Hagen's birthday today! She is a mere 54 years old, still performing and doesn't appear to have sold out or changed any of her wonderful formula for success! Here's to ya Nina Hagen!

4 comments:

Charlene said...

Happy Birthday to Nina!

love23 said...

Love the photo, she looks pretty interesting as always!

Paintress Gretchen said...

Oh, I love Nina the most! Can I rip you off and blog about her too?

Tour Mistress Of The Darkness said...

Herzlichen Glueckwuensch, Frau Hagen!! :)