8.14.2009

I declare this day a day of gratitude and love.


And since I woke up... and I didn't drink I am officially 22 years clean and sober.

I personally am kinda weepy with the gratitude... to the point where I have needed to separate from the group to have a moment. This is the songle most important thing I have ever done with my life.

Being able to stay away from alcohol (and drugs)has not only saved my life but it has been the one thing that has given me the tools to be a decent human being on a daily basis.

No lie... if I drank... I'd be an asshole.

And even though I still kinda suck at dealing with my own finances... and I can get really quiet when I feel like I don't fit in... any day at least realizing what I'm doing (that is less than stellar behavior)is worlds better if I were drinking.

HOORAY FOR ME, DAMMIT!

It's really my own party here... this matters to me most. I am the only one who can truly gauge the quality of my sobriety. I never knew how to have really allow myself to soak in the accomplishment of who I am becoming. I would not have evolved anywhere near the level of love and gratitude without AA.

I will get a chip in CT. I think my pal Fred is getting me one... Yeah for Fred! He is the Coin Boy at some of my favorite meetings in Milford.

I can say I love my life... as weird as I met get... and as flawed as I am...

It's perfect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your strength and willpower, Wendy. Truly amazing.

-Lisa said...

oops... forgot to add my name!