9.14.2009

Connecticut.

After a day filled with pals in the Northampton area, I sped off (after a late lunch) to Milford where I will be camped for a few days.

It was fun kicking around that town at a very easy pace. And popping in and out of a few bookstores looking for a damn Final Cut helper. I'm intimidated by that damn video editing program.
I hate to admit it.. but it's true. I have it now, and I'm afraid to you use it.

WTF???

I'll be seriously back at work tomorrow doing more to try to fill some holes in October. November is getting interesting with some possibilities looming out there and waiting for word on some dates before I can proceed.

I have my work head screwed on pretty straight and I felt like the time off helped me get some perspective. Instead of plugging away, I tackled a few things and did what was in front of me instead of trying to plow through it. Maybe I found a little gray area for some fleeting moments.

Progress...not perfection.

I had an opportunity to share my ideas with some folks and it was good. I really love contributing to people more than just for work. I know that that some people just want the work side and that's ok. I feel like who I am and how I go about what I do most days is generally coming from a compassionate place that truly seeks to make people's lives better. Not that what I do is going to make all the difference and not that I think that I can do it it any better than anyone... I just do what I do with love and good joo joo in my heart... seeking to find ways to make that ever so slight bit of difference for people. And yes.. I have negative stuff... and judgements... and my issues. And this year especially I have taken so many of my difficulties into the rooms and communities of the AA groups I am connected to and really worked on my judgements and resentments and looked to others for the feedback on how to continue my journey of continually moving away from the drink instead of closer to one.

No comments: