11.05.2009

Last morning in Darien for a bit...

Listening to all kinds of birds rallying  around for choice spots on parts of the dock and the wires overlooking the water this morning. Today is pack up,clean up, and drive back to Atlanta day. I will miss the sweetness of Darien.

We opted to drive up and get some quality time with Julie and Amy and of course, Rosey, Blossom and Trixie... before we check into a swanky hotel (I hope) on Friday for... wait for it...

An American Nurses Association National Conference!

cricket... cricket...

I know, right? Weird, but it's gonna be fun I think.

And.. coming into this weekend is 2 more things of note. The reunion with Carol and Dale in Franklin TN with a house concert Saturday night (which also means getting to play with the potato cannon again..

AND

I drop Trina off in Evansville the next day as the house concert is our last show together for 2009.

We haven't worked out when we might start up in 2010. I feel like it'll be around April.. but who knows?

Of course, I still have Amy Speace on deck for Nov. 13-22 and then the Winterbloom tour with Natalia, Antje, Meg and Anne Dec. 10-20.

But to be honest, I have no sense of what this next year might hold... I want to give this project booking stuff with Mary Granata some good juice and I want to balance out in regards to my Bisbee housing situation. It's shocking to me how much this wall collapsing has thrown me for a loop all these months... and I have internalized so much of it to my detriment. I know that has been a huge part of the "screw it" attitude towards eating healthy. And I don't like it.

But right now, in this present moment.. it's me... and the birds... and the sun starting to hit the dock where the Grave Digger scrimp boat was yesterday... and a nice cuppa jolene (sumatra) .

No comments: