11.02.2013

Progress not perfection.

While my shoulder is still messed up, I have at least begun to be able to use my left arm to hold a drink cup and drink from it. I know it sounds simple, but I hadn't really been able to do that without my shoulder locking up, popping and hurting.  So, some 10 weeks after my injury I am seeing a little progress. I'll take it. It still hurts all the time. But getting to use my left arm a little is a gift.

I am setting up sound stuff in Searing Blister (Sierra Vista) today so the band and the solo act I booked for a wine festival can have amplification.
No... I'm not getting paid.
Yes, I'm losing time at work.
"WTF??" You say? Yes, I feel obligated.

I'm doing it for Kris Kerry.. he was cool enough to let me book the fabulous Run Boy Run and then helped me get Tom Walbank to fill the time slots nicely. He would be mortified to know that they expected the artists to show up with their own sound.
I am not going to complain. I get to help musicians today..

Any day getting to do that is usually a damn good day.

No comments: