12.06.2013

First Day Home.

The Mother Unit sits in her chair, sleeping. It's early morning and the report from the first day home is that she is moving around  and happy to be out of the nursing home. We have both had some moments of deer in the headlights I think... (at least I have) about how much there is that she can't do just yet.  Please notice I use yet... I do think that she will get better to a certain degree and even though her new baseline is lower than before, I am hopeful that she will improve so she can be on her own again. 

Lots of fresh food was purchased yesterday. Long wait times at the Costco pharmacy endured. Sandwich and snack stations being thought through. Getting it so she can feed herself something nutritious is my biggest concern.  Maybe that's the Cancerian in me... showing love through food. My Japanese santoku knife will need to start traveling with me so I have a good implement to use for cooking all this fresh stuff. My mom has knives, they just are nowhere near as good as my Wustof.

So if that's all I have to bitch about, I'd say it was a good day.

No comments: