4.14.2014

No angst over taxes.

I spent years losing my mind over my stupidity and grandiosity around paying (or not paying, in my case) taxes. That was part of what had me not want to make money anymore. All that tax stuff when self employed was really unattractive and I was not that good at facing it with a business mindset. The complete lack of insanity around taxes now that I make next to nothing is pretty sweet. And as that tax day is tomorrow, I am so grateful I had mine done months ago and have no weirdness. Someday I may be faced with self employment tax burdens again, but I will just hand stuff over to the accountant and do it right. All the chaos I created for myself those years ago was not pretty and it was a lesson well learned. This morning had me make my last batch of tacos for my pal Kelly... and we will be heading to the aeropuerto this afternoon with a stop in Norfolk for a nibble before I depart. I hope to get back here in Sept to do a road trip with Kelly to Atlanta to hit up Susan Werner's 5 week run of the musical she wrote which is Bull Durham. That's the hope anyway. Now that there is no touring on the docket at all for the resat of the year, there is time to look at saving up and getting on better footing financially with solid work weeks and just doing what is in front of me. I am still processing having met what I have in my sphere as 'the ultimate tour manager' and with no offers coming at me right now, it feels pretty desolate but loud between my ears. I am just gonna sit with what is rational and reasonable for the next few weeks. What does that even mean? I really don't even know. Time to straighten up the room here at Casa De Marvin and get a shower. I only have a couple hours before heading over to Norfolk..

No comments: