8.29.2014

And it went a little something like this..

Crossing over into MD again, it was a picture perfect afternoon. 

And my last with this band. 

The plain truth is this. They needed a really seasoned pro who had been at a much higher level than where I have been operating from for the last 10 years. I simply didn't know how to operate on this level. Hard to say it. Absolutely. But I was not serving them. I busted my ass but they needed a Tour Manager Supreme .. Not a lower level decent tour manager like me. 

I am disappointed I couldn't get it right as fast as would have been needed to stay on.. But I have been trying to catch up since I signed on. Great experience. Great band, and no hard feelings. More of a sense of disappointment as we all liked each other. 

Off to nuzzle in the fur of my cat Marvin while I process this.  Gotta look forward to what I can do to make my skills wen better. 

I did the best I possibly could with the skills I have. And I wanted it bad. But I guess I wasn't ready. Fuck ...

Hopefully I will get to keep growing as a tour manager and have opportunities to  do bigger tours. But for right now I will look to this beautiful morning in Bethesda and be grateful for the opportunity I was given to work with this kickass band. And they do kickass. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did what you could do and gained experience, I think you can stay on a positive level. And there is that musical opening in Atlanta soon. Maybe it was fated.

Anonymous said...

AND a great gig by the same person at Eddie's Attic ( the night before I see the show actually) on Sept. 20. Great music cures a lot and you know how good this will be.