8.01.2014

Pay attention!

Well, I did indeed want to move up the food chain. This new artist is giving me a chance to get some much better tour managing skills... and it's a helluva learning curve. Grateful, trying to slow down and pay attention, doing what I can when I can while out on the road working for someone else, and really excited and overwhelmed at the same time.

On top of all that, I am down to 2 gigs with The Andy T Nick Nixon Band.  I just freakin' love these guys!  Gonna be hard to have 'em drop me off and drive away.  But I truly have no time to lament as it's launder and go on to what is next. I will hold them in my heart till our tearful reunion.

Being very human this morning.. hearing the constructive criticism and getting on with what needs to be done. I am doing the best I can and I will get up to speed as soon as I can. I would imagine that will be Sunday night when I finish up as much advancing as I can do before I leave on Monday.

I have Dionne Warwick singing "I Say A Little Prayer For You" playing in my head..

Back to work now.

And I sure hope that I can see my way clear to keep my positive attitude. I am being handed a gift to do what I love for a top notch artist. My dream is to do it well and know that the artist and band were really well cared for.  Right now it just feels a bit like the baptism by fire is a flame that wants to burn a few more blisters than I'd like. At least I'm not ill intentioned.. just learning. Fuck.

No comments: