8.30.2014

Right at home.

Second day in VA. It's just old home week over here.. me, my cat, my friends, and good food and coffee. The weather is unseasonably PERFECT! Played with a leaf blower for the first time in my life, and that would be the new experience for the day. It's all low key and low stress as I decompress from the last several weeks.

Really good head-space surprisingly. I wonder if I'm fooling myself, or if I really do see this whole situation fairly clearly? I didn't fail, I just wasn't right for the job. I am not taking this personally. At least I haven't yet..

I have a bevvy of things on the upcoming docket. More touring with The Andy T. Nick Nixon Band, already booked for SXSW in March with my pals from MPress Records, and the good possibility of having some recently reconnected friends come to AZ for Thanksgiving with me and The Mother Unit. Somewhere in there I need to look at what job is hopefully still waiting for me at home, and with any luck I get to be the gal I love to be and help bring music to people while trying to make a difference.

Thanks to those of you who have reached out to support me. You are my true heart and soul. I don't have any hard feelings about not being on the most recent tour anymore. I was not the person for the job. No matter how badly I wanted to be, that was the plain truth.

I do the same thing in relationships by the way... keep trying till there ain't no tryin' to do.

Time to go to The Food Lion and get some groceries for kapama,  lentil hummus, and something we are calling fauxboolie. Tablouli made with cauliflower instead of bulgar. I have been off gluten for almost 5 weeks, and I don't mind it at all.

All roads lead to discovery. If that's how you choose to see it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great attitude, just keep going. And please (and I address this to Costco as well): if it is not made with bulgur it is NOT tabouli. Quinoa salad is fine, so is cauliflower salad etc. but it is not tabouli.