9.02.2014

Seriously?

And then the call from The Mother Unit..

"I'm in the hospital..."

I had few words. Just worry. I knew I would most likely be unable to afford going back early as I intentionally booked my flight home on the cheapest travel day of the year... Sept. 11th.

I was right. Getting back immediately was not going to be anywhere near economically feasible. But while I wait for more info besides the fact that she is getting yet another blood transfusion ) and no, she didn't have another heart attack) they will be running more tests and I will sit here a few thousand miles away and worry some more. When you are a family of two, it's just what you do.

The airlines reassured me that I could always pony up for the "slightly more expensive refundable fare" in the future.. but they are usually almost double. 

Yeah... that'll happen.


So, here I sit hoping she is ok. Knowing she is in a safe place but anxious I am not there to help. Pretty powerless. But I am filled with love and compassion and it's all directed at her.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, best wishes for your mom.