10.24.2014

Still in paradise.

This is the best time of year in Bisbee... it is stunning! Great weather, the light is lovely, and the town is repopulating after the usual summer exodus.

I have some some hours at the co-op and am grateful for that. My pal Gretchen is currently hating the word grateful. Sadly, nothing in the thesaurus really matches the word where I need it so it stays.

Changing up some plans, slowing down to conserve resources, and looking to this day for some hours at the wee co-op, including working the truck (physical activity!) and getting to do tasks I like.  Strangely, I am working Sunday which will be an extreme changeup as I will be up front for 9 hours. I fully expect to be brain dead within 2 hours, but yet I am still grateful for the hours. Maybe they are seeing if I am trainable to that position? I feel pretty 'meh' about working up in the front..  but keeping my head above water is a good thing. So I will STFU and conjure all the goodness I can muster! I do like the majority of customers we have.. so that's a plus!

And I voted.

Civic duty handled. Early voting rocks. I dunno why everyone doesn't do it. I can see were the Bisbee Post Office may lack some customer service (including losing all of the mail that I should have gotten while I put my mail on hold over the summer) but they get the ballots to you. Small town living does bring the post office and the library to a more prominent place in daily life. But that slowing down is also one of the things that makes life here so sweet.

Yup... I got gratitude.
(sorry GB)




No comments: