11.01.2014

Reminds me of my job at Sierra Tucson.

When I worked at Sierra Tucson, I sat with and had interactions with lots of people with lots of money.


Some were famous, some were just rich as hell. Not everyone was rich, but it was a pricey thing to go through treatment back then (and still is..) so the monied were in abundance.

As I sit with how my life has unfolded so far, it was seeing how those extremes in attitude and privilege and how they can alter our abilities to be with people. That would then later be lived out in my own brief time making money in real estate where I was living the good life and seeking out those who ran fast and spent wildly. I became much more detached from my good, sweet, heart-center.

When all was said and done and I discovered tour managing, I fled making money like it was on fire. I ran to making next to nothing, working only to do a job I loved. I now have a good heart, and am a relatively kind human being most days. I strive to make a difference in the world around me and I speak my truths and make my amends when needed. And I will need to get a little something going as my co-op time is probably going to yield very few hours in the next few months and it's time to look at real options.

I can't say that visiting the psychic didn't shake me up a bit. It did. She said things that were out of my comfort zone, and she had some things that were rather urgent for me to look at. I went hoping for words of wisdom on this whole work thing. And I got virtually nothing in that realm. It does seem to be the one thing that is a constant question. When you make next to no money, but you need money to survive... it might help to have a plan. But that plan needs to be something I can execute on my own (at least initially) and take it wherever it needs to go. Because it's not about making a bunch of money in my world... it's about thriving, which means having enough and doing something I love.

It's time to embrace change.

No comments: