11.27.2015

Foodie Pressure!

So...

Literally with cob webs on my fingers from just having reached behind a speaker to jiggle a wire, I am here to tell you that the pie was a decent little morsel.  The rest of the meal I had only time crunch stress over.

I made it to The Mother Unit's a wee bit later than planned, and our meal was tasty but the time for visiting was limited.  I got the ultimate compliment from her mid-meal which is,"Good." My heart was happy.  As soon as I finished the dishes and sat down, I looked at my phone and there was a text from my next stop asking what my e.t.a was.

Shit. No rest for the overbooked.

I arrived to see my dear friend Ashley home for the holiday from Bowling Green KY, her wife (my massage therapist) Tania, who is so happy to have Ashley home.. and a house full of gorgeous gay men!

Fun!

But there is also foodie pressure if those guys are cooking. You know what I'm taking about. It's gonna look good... and taste faaaaabulous! I agonized over how I should have made my own crust for my pie like substance. I guess I do not like to fail. As much as I tell myself I will learn from these things, the truth is I want to do it right. Whatever it is.

I nibbled a couple dinner type things but no full plate for me as I had just eaten. Then we all took a nice long walk which was great! As the group wandered back for pie time, I tried not to worry about my shortcomings as a non-baker. And everyone I had just met was now my new fave guy, and it was all going so well.

But that fucking pie! It had me worried! I made one last disclaimer... and they all dug in. I waited. And they all said it was terrific!

Whaaaaat? Even with a crust from Food City?

I am not gonna go all pie crazy and start trying to make the perfect crust etc. But I was up against gay boy sweet potato pies as well as gay boy homemade pumpkin. I held my own.. and was home and cleaning the house till 11:30.

Good day.


No comments: