10.22.2010

Here's a question for you.

Who doesn't love pot pie?

I adore a good pot pie. One time my pal Charles and I spent 6 hours from shopping for ingredients to serving the meal fresh out of the oven at the dinner table making Martha Stewart's recipe for pot pie. The actual prep and cooking took several hours as absolutely everything was from scratch. It was kinda crazy but we took it on and laughed our way through. The meal was incredible.

I am having a huge love affair with cooking right now. I guess it's just an extreme appreciation for having a kitchen to make what I want. Kale chips are still the big deal in this wee little house. I'm gonna bust out a batch with a tweeked recipe today and I am hopeful.

But back to pot pie.













I saw this and it made me soooo happy! I wonder if there is a fun way to make pot pie with no meat? I have some uber delish local tempeh and I bet it could be fashioned into some sort of pot pie-ish dealio.

I couldn't muster up the energy to go to the big fire laden shindig out at Cochise College last night... I wasn't prepared for it felt like it was a waste to drive out alone, and I had a bunch of ideas of what needed to get started around here in the form of putting the house together even more. I spent the evening putting some art on the walls and with the Jonsi concert on in the background I pondered placement of furniture, art, and light. This house is still kinda unfamiliar to me in a lot of ways. It has my stuff in it and I'm still waiting for inspiration on how to move forward. I have a fun idea for the kitchen decor, and would still love to get the ceiling insulated.. and I think some decorating of the wee front yard is coming too. Even though I had a dream that my neighbors came over and complained about the fake tree I put up yesterday.

Two things about that... I can't believe I care what they think.. and I can't believe I actually remembered a dream! Meh.

Mmmm....pot pie. That's what matters.

And coffee.

2 comments:

Faith said...

I've had vegan pot pie before, made with marinated firm tofu. Suspect a good tempeh or seitan would work just fine in pot pie...

Paintress Gretchen said...

Ya, I'd eat it. Especially when served to me while lying on the kitchen chaise.