My thought for the morning..."I think peanut butter is the true nectar of the gods... Trader Joe's peanut butter is the brand."
As I sit here waiting for the puppy cam to fire up and go live..(the pics are cute,but c'mon bring on the puppies!!!) I figured this was as good a time as any for a moment with the wee bloggy. I have a bunch of things to work out before I drive back to AZ...I am waiting to hear on several details. At this precise moment I feel a bit overwhelmed. I guess I need to get on the horn and work this shit out. Why am I worrying so early?? When technically I leave the east coast 4 weeks from now?? Well.. because I work tomorrow with Amy Speace, then have 2 days... then Natalia and I go to the Midwest, and then I get back and Trina and I go back to the Midwest for the last run. So the time is officially going to fly by. I'll figure it out... I shouldn't think too much before I jump start my brain by riding the brown pony.
And then if I think about having the off-season at my doorstep... how do I up my game? How do I get better at organizing and record keeping and really managing a tour as well as booking/routing? How can I be more effective? What if the economy poops all over all the touring musicians and people stop going out to shows?? That means these talented people might stop touring... Wow! I guess I have some fear.. I have an email to send out today to our supporters in Indianapolis to urge them to make this year's Hamlin Holiday Party on Dec. 6th the best ever and to remind them that Natalia and I will be there next week too!
I usually don't look at the negatives... but I guess if I don't look at what's really going on, then my approach might not be as effective. Love and community are a great place to start. Supporting these musicians however possible is a kickass adventure with lots of challenges and opportunities.
And let's face it.. the world will look brighter as soon as I have had at least 2 cups of coffee.
I just have to believe it's all going to work out the way it's supposed to.
2 comments:
It'll work out... just remember:
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." ~ Red Auerbach
Thanks pal...
Post a Comment