6.21.2009

gameshows, chinese food and a real internet connection.

I have the tv on for background noise with some weird game show with that Regis Philbin guy as the host... my gawd, he is annoying! Obviously never liked him.. and to be honest, his time on my viewing schedule is limited to... oh.. about now.

Got some decent chinese food from around the corner and am getting ready to return emails and get back to folks. I was out of range after about 5pm... then I was driving.

The show last night was tres sweet! Is that a real phrase? Anyhow.. met some awesome folks at this gig and I have some new booking thoughts and possibilities and I am excited to get them cranked up.

It started pouring rain about 45 minutes ago here in Manhattan.. I guess this storm is following us from the weekend. We had zero visibility travel conditions in parts of Ohio and West Virginia. It was nasty! Mostly yesterday morning.

Last night Jane and I stayed in a kitschy old Winnie trailer on the bank of the Shenendoah River.

It was a real experience... with Jane wondering if there were any bears..( I told her no.) listening to weird noises outside while we watched ants march around inside..(including one loud crash in the middle of the night that had me question if bears were around) and then in the morning waking up, seeing we were in a beautiful setting with bald eagles and osprey.. and... bears in the area. I didn't tell Jane till later.

Looks like we will be back that way in early May for an outdoor festival. Good stuff... great people. And a coffee roaster in the area who was tipped off to my "Coffee Bitch" title so he brought some of his good dark roasts for us to sample. Perfect timing because Trina has no freakin' coffee in her apartment!

WTF???

I just haven't been staying here in Manhattan that much yet. I will be heading to AZ in July too so during that huge amount of downtime I will be filling my time with possibilities of progress on all things homeowner related in Bisbee and Tucson.

And here is an exciting prospect.. I might really get out and track down my buddy Ashen Keilyn who is in the band Scout. They are so close to putting out their new cd... I can't wait. Some of you may remember I raved about them a short while ago. They had broken up/disbanded a couple years ago but I had gotten ahold of their cd's and was blown away. Ash has put it back together now and they just got done mastering a new disc. We have been threatening to get together forever and over the next 2 days I am gonna try and make this happen!

Ok,

Now I will go through my crap and get laundry together and try and find my Elph camera which went missing a couple days ago. And that is really sad because I could have taken some great pics in Columbus and Luray from this weekend.

Also missing is the heating element to the bialetti coffee pot. It's unusable till we find that. And rather tragic that it's mysteriously absent.

I blame the gnomes in the van..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really enjoyed last night...
Glad you guys got home safely.

See you soon,
Kipyn

Tour Wonk said...

: )