4.10.2010

Last night in Bisbee.

It does take a concerted effort to stay on task in seeking out people I need information from and friends I really want to see in my brief time here. I shall be returning in about 2 weeks to Tucson, which hopefully will yield another trip down here for a day or so to say hello yet again.

Spoke to my contractor of choice today and he seemed willing to look at the extra work that will need to be done on my house here so that is yet another positive outcome from this trip down here.

The weather was stunning all day, and one of the wacky things I got to witness was seeing AZ Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords come into my pal Mark's shop and ask for a handmade Obama Doll to personally hand to President Obama! After she got done with her business I reminded her that there was NO WAY she could leave Bibsee without saying hello to Gretchen. I gave Gretchen a call and she got down there pretty quick and had a tearful reunion. Goodness, all the way around.

I'm about to go into Old Bisbee to harass my pals at Cafe Roka on my last night here. This visit has been to short, but has filled my heart up for sure!

2 comments:

Paintress Gretchen said...

Tell me the story again Wendy...the one about Gabby Giffords!
Thanks for making that happen!

Tour Wonk said...

Oh Gretchen...