10.25.2010

verdict is in...

Pot Pie Experiment #1 Results:


Not bad.. missed the mark on gauging how much lemon juice to put in.. it's a bit tart... not alot, and it may actually be better as it's not disgustingly rich. I am trying to be open minded about this. There is no heavy cream or anything like that to make it creamy and uber fatty tasting so it may actually be a good thing. The consistency is pretty good, but I think it could be better. Crustwise I did 6 with reg. pie crust on the bottom and phyllo on top. And the 2 that had tempeh got pie crust top and bottom. I haven't tried that yet... but I will say that the "wentons" with the pot pie filling were excellent! I did those this morning.

Froze the wentons uncooked. Pot pies will go up to Tucson for dinner with the mother unit.

I swapped time slots and cooked first.. now I will go out and be The Queen Of Caulk!

No comments: