10.30.2013

Everybody is out touring...

Deoro leaves for VA today, Andy T/Nick Nixon Band head to Chicago...

I sit in Bisbee after having consumed 4 cups of coffee before 8 am. And admittedly feeling completely left out. None of it is a surprise, mind you. I knew I wasn't going on any of these. It's just the fact that the van rental company called me as the drop-off guy wasn't answering his phone. So I call the bass player and then the drummer to see who has someone's girlfriend's number to try and track down the intended. I guess this means I will play some happy music and just focus on what is up for me this weekend.
Delivering/setting up/running sound for an event in Sierra Vista on Saturday while trying to get back and forth to work in between acts to not totally lose a days pay. I'm happy to report I did get my monitors to work. I setup the sound system in the house last night in between episodes of Six Feet Under and plugged in the element that I had never thought to use. A power amp to drive the monitor speakers. Duh! Why the hell didn't I think of that before?  Now I have monitors that work. yay!

Hoping to hear this week from Tucson and NM about dates proposed for Mia Dyson's run through here in March. Cannot wait for that! It's gonna be a rockin' show. In fact, Syd, her producer asked me the other day if it was going to be ok if it was a rock and roll show! I said hell yes!!  I know Mia can bring it big time. I know she has incredible stage presence and I don't even care how many people come to it. This one is for me.  10 people and me? Fine. Just get her to Bisbee.  I mean, I know I'll have more than 10 people. 

Ok, time for the music... maybe some Mia Dyson?








No comments: