10.16.2014

What I have learned in the last week or so...

Friends make the difference.

Getting the chance to get out there and do 'the job' with people I love really helped me get back on track. Top that off with the fact that I got to hang with loving supportive pals in Franklin before and after that tour and I realize I did so much right after the tour that was a bad fit.

I immediately went to a good place to decompress in VA, (toothless cat and one of my besties)  then I got back up and dusted myself off and I let the people who know and appreciate me lift me back up while off on the tour to the King Biscuit Blues Festival in Arkansas. Quality time with people I respect, who are authentic made all the difference. Having them say they sense my 'being off' and then wanting to support me in moving through it, was so helpful.  Most of 'em have been in the music biz a bunch of years, and it was all good feedback and truly came from the heart. Hanging with my pal on the golf course was a huge gift! And getting silly texts from that saxaphone player has helped too...

It never hurts to hear that my pals in the Nashville area want me around more. There was so much good in everything we did. We even fit in a board meeting for The Blackberry Jam. I spit-balled a bunch of ideas at my fellow board members with love and respect for the local community and I think a few stuck nicely.

Here is to looking forward and not giving up.



No comments: