8.24.2017

It's been a little dark.

If there is one thing that is a glaring problem in the world, it's the words thrown at others in real time and on social media.

I have seen so much arguing and anger over politics, racism, Monsanto, animal cruelty, LGBTQ, plastic bags, and so much more.

This all really does add to the heaviness in my little world. Perhaps part of the remedy is getting off social media again... and not engaging in gossip. It's all just so volatile right now. Even in (or especially in?) Bisbee. Big city, little city... doesn't really matter anymore, does it? The angst is palpable.

I can't stand the sound bytes I hear from the country's supposed leadership... and I wince at the hate spewed in all directions. I am not a protestor, I am not really smart enough to have political debates with people. But know this time in my life feels like all we are doing is driving huge wedges between our fellow humans.

My heart is heavy this morning...

Doesn't help that The Mother Unit is still hella weak. I don't know how to cheer her up right now. All I can do is be here and be present. There is little joy at this second, but that means I need to get out and make something good happen. Ugh... feels hard.

No comments: