12.31.2017

From the 84th to the end of the year.

It's been a good week.

The Mother Unit turned 84 on Thursday, and that day was pretty awesome. The shortened work week went well, and the weekend was not what I had expected in that I ended up cooking kapama on Saturday to take over to a friend's to celebrate her birthday. I had also decided to try my hand at brioche! So my time was filled with bready experiments and crafting one of my all-time favorite dishes.

Kinda worked out perfectly as I decided that going out into the crazy night for NYE held absolutely no appeal for me this year. I had leftover kapama as the last meal of 2017... it was delicious! And I am currently watching Sigur Ros recorded at the Walt Disney Concert Hall with the L.A. Philharmonic. And that is fantastic in its own right, but couple that with the fact that yesterday I watched the livestream of Sigur Ros' last show of the year from Iceland and you essentially have a weekend of incredible music and visuals paired with food and friends. While watching listening yesterday, I wept.. in between the brioche, and the final hour of kapama making was this dynamic bunch of music that really hits me. Every time.

Feeling pretty fortunate tonight. My tiny bubble of a Shangri-La that I live in has taken good care me the last few days. I'll just say I'm hopeful and willing to be open to what's next. 

And I'm grateful for Sigur Ros...



yes... the almost 2-hour concert from Walt Disney Concert Hall.

Happy New Year indeed.




No comments: