4.01.2018

Julien Baker.

I seem to uave fallen down a hole..

A hole called watching endless Julien Baker videos.  That young lady has a sound.. it’s so good.

I have gone through her Tiny Desk Concert, two live 30 minute sessions and now am watching a video of a show she did in Brussels. She is like 20 yeara old and mad talented. Also articulate and educated. What’s not to totally love here? I mean.. I am fairly jaded and this really checks my boxes for worthy of all the attention she gets.

I did that rabbit holing to pay homage to Easter. When you don’t have religion, you do what you do. And today it was laundry, yardwork, vacuuming, and rearranging the other room in the house a bit to get ready for all that vinyl that is coming down here from Tucson  this is all after I drove in from The Baked Pueblo with a car full of stuff.

There is a pile of pillows four feet high on the couch and I am nestled into a empty space in the corner. The pillows and the twin bed go back over to the other house in a day or two. The house is not completely disembowled... I kept going on the projects as best I could. Low energy this whole weekend made for lackluster progress, but I showed up and definitely did things.

I am worried about The Mother Unit’s eye.. maybe it’s not quite right. She has an emergency follow up in the am that I am not going to be at. Just gonna have to cross my fingers and hope nothing really yucky had happened in the early stages of this recovery.

I can’t fix it.. that’s for sure. Music soothes the mind in a big way. And right now Julien Baker is helping greatly.

No comments: