3.17.2019

The realization.

When The Mother Unit basically lost her sight due to botched cataract surgery and then the other eye getting such a severe cataract, I kinda stopped tending to this blog. I was trying to give her a little insight into my comings and goings and my mindset.

She is one tough broad. She can't see... but she won't give up either. Her tenacity is becoming legendary amongst my friends. Good for her, I say. She is pretty amazing. I do not have that tenacious gene. It stopped with her. She needed it.

I'm 3/4 of the way through a kitchen re-do. All I need are my countertop and a few more carpentry touches. The weather is hopefully getting a little more stable. There are many projects on the list both inside and out. These are the things that give me hope I am really doing the right things for my home life. Plus, the High Speed Pinball Machine is down right now with a wonky weak flipper, so I have a bunch more time for productivity.

I am having a dance party for one (started at 7:45 a.m.) here in Tiny Town with the likes of Kellerkind, Hot Chip, Max Frost and so many more while I tidy up from painting the bathroom the last couple days, I am looking forward to (am I really about to say this?) my drive to Phoenix to see Darlingside at The MIM tonight. Not exactly dance music... but some of the finest harmonies ever! 

Music is still the one thing that saves me every time.

I think a new playlist is in order...

Intense.
Deep beats.
Make you wanna close your eyes and get lost in it...

Yeah... that's what I need for the drive north.



No comments: