11.05.2008

chicken kapama.

I love chicken kapama. I love cooking it.. I love smelling it cook.. and I looooooove eating it! Since I didn't get to cook yesterday, I made it this morning before I went off to my AA mtg. Came back, it was done.. now it's resting comfortably on the stove for a bit.

This has got to be one of my most special things to cook. It's fueled by my love for my godmother Irene who's recipe it was. It is such a beautiful olfactory response I get when I walk in the room where it's being cooked. Wow... takes me right back to being a kid in Hollywood.

I'm gonna hit another meeting tonight as I ran into some of the folks I really like at the nooners... and they are going tonight as well. Can't hurt.. a meeting never hurts. Build community... that's what I am amping up today.

Oh! And just got word that Garrison Starr and Adrianne will be playing the beautiful Latonia Theater in Oil City PA... I know.. you all are saying "What the hell is up in Oil City?" Let me tell you... I have been a big fan of the folks that have championed bringing incredible indie music there. So mark calendars... Dec 19th 2008.
Should be spectacular!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how 'bout a recipe???

thanks dahlin'

tom of evanston

Tour Wonk said...

Tom.. no recipe.. I have to cook it... that's half the fun!

Anonymous said...

hmmm...we might just have an opportunity for that, eh?

Julie said...

Is that the incredible dish you made when Vange was here last and we ate it at your house and I couldn't stop raving about it? If so, my god, that's one amazing recipe...sigh...YUM! (If not, then what WAS that we ate that was THAT GREAT?!)